T.+82 2 6405 1183
"First-rate attorney dedicated to protecting your IP assets"
Taehwan graduated as a Distinguished Scholar from Korea University College of Law. After passing the judicial exam, he started his career at a Korean law firm, The Firm as a litigation and advisory attorney at law. Taehwan is a dual-qualified attorney at law and patent attorney. He has represented a wide range of clients, including a CEO of a major pharmaceutical company, as well as an executive of Australia’s largest financial institution. Taehwan has expertise in a range of areas of the law, including IP-related lawsuits such as patent, trademark, design, copyright, and Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Act. He has advised a number of clients in the entertainment and film industries on copyright and entertainment law issues, including the Korean branch of one of the biggest US entertainment companies and a major Korean film studio. He also serves as a member of Civil Mediation Committee of Seoul Northern District Court, Korea Education and Research Information Service (KERIS) at the Ministry of Education and Korean Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (KIPLA). Taehwan joined PI IP LAW in 2016 to focus his practice on Intellectual Property and Commercial Law. Taehwan enjoys reading literary works of Dostoevsky and Umberto Eco in his free time, and these days he especially enjoys listening to Sung-jin Cho’s piano performance.
- Partner, PI IP LAW (2016 - Present)
- Partner, THE FIRM (2013 - 2013)
- Probationary Judicial Officer, BAE, KIM & LEE LLC (2012 - 2012)
- Probationary Judicial Officer, Jeju District Public Prosecutor's Office (2012 - 2012)
- Probationary Judicial Officer, Seoul Northern District Court (2012 - 2012)
- The Judicial Research and Training Institute (Supreme Court) (2011 - 2011)
- Member, Korean Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (KIPLA) (2016 - Present)
- Member, Korea Education and Research Information Service, Ministry of Education (MOE) (2016 - Present)
- Member, Korea Patent Attorneys Association (KPAA) (2016 - Present)
- Member, Korean Bar Association (KBA) (2013 - Present)
- Member, Civil Mediation Committee, Seoul Northern District Court (2012 - Present)
- 52nd Korean Judicial Exam
- B.A. in Law, Korea University (Distinguished Scholar)